Tuesday 25 March 2008

Dissertation work!!

Hi! I just wanted to talk a little bit about what i have been doing over the past week- i was meant to have uploaded this blog before the first one but my internet at home (in Devon- enough said) wasnt working!! After suddenly having a massive panic over my dissertation, i decided it was time to knuckle down and begin writing it- more difficult than you would think!! I decided to set aside a few weeks to begin writing it all up, as i had already gathered my data and all the relevent literature needed. Although it has/is difficult, i have found it useful setting deadlines for myself- especially if your dissertation supervisor is too relaxed!! I wanted to set myslef achievable targets so i decided i should write about 1000 words a day, so far it is working well. My draft deadline is the first week in April, leaving me enough time to write my other two essays once i have written the dissertation. I would therefore suggest the key to success and not being stressed is to plan early and to be prepared- dont leave everything to the last minute. I also find making notes in advance helps because then all is needed is it to be written up.

No comments: